We’re looking for a talented and energetic Test Remote Pilot to join our team. If the below description sounds like you, please contact us.
Flylogix is a fast-growth scale-up delivering real services to many of the world’s largest and leading corporations. Our next-gen tech plus tested and tough long-range drones operate ‘beyond visual line of sight’ to ensure the least risk to humans and least harm to the planet. We’re now ready to reach new heights and are looking for inquisitive, knowledgeable and skillful people to join our pioneering team.
Established in 2015, Flylogix have recently won multiple projects with some very well-known companies. We have completed flights from Shetland in 2019 to 2022, we are now setting up longer-term bases on the islands and around the UK to service our oil and gas customers.
We’re seeking a Test Remote Pilot to work as part of a test team within the design & manufacture department conducting unmanned aircraft flights from our south coast test site as we build & maintain aircraft before handing over to our Ops team for operations. You will be responsible for conducting safe test operations and one-off customer campaigns in new locations.
Our customers need to access time critical data from their assets in remote locations. We use unmanned aircraft to provide full-service over horizon operations, delivering business-critical information from remote environments. This role is the opportunity to provide our Operations Flight Crew with airworthy aircraft and tested operational sites while also supporting the manufacture team to implement controlled improvements.
Due to the varying demand for our services and the remote nature of our operational locations it is necessary that the Test Remote Pilot operates up to 10 weekends per year in accordance with operational requirements. We cover TOIL Plus a premium for such cases.
The Remote Pilot’s (RP) responsibility is to conduct a safe flight following our procedures, whilst providing the necessary considerations expected of any pilot to other airspace users.
The Test RP’s duties are to:
- Ensure that the Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) is operational and serviceable by carrying out pre and post flight procedures.
- Ensure RPA safety during take-off and landing.
- Manually fly the RPA via radio control (RC) during take-off and landing.
- Remotely pilot and monitor the onboard systems of the RPA using Skyspace.
- Ensure that all activity is conducted as per the Operational Safety Case (OSC) and Operational Authorisation (OA).
- In accordance with the OSC, stop the operation in an emergency or if at any point they are not happy about the safety of the operation.
- A pre-requisite for the role is to have a BMFA B licence.
- General VLOS Certificate (GVC) an advantage.
- Previous experience of aviation or oil and gas operations an advantage.
- Mechanical or electrical skills an advantage.
- Aircraft build & Assembly experience an advantage.
- All aircraft specific training will be provided.
- Thorough and detailed approach.
- Able to follow procedures and processes.
- Ability to work in a small team.
- A strong awareness of safety issues.
- Be excellent at communicating ideas and problems to technicians, engineers, and software teams.
If you have the skills, attitude and drive to be part of the next chapter in aviation, we’d love to hear from you.